I am a teacher who is starting to relate to my own students. How do you complete a task that does not match your avenue of learning? Some students love to write, some students love to draw, some students love to publically communicate, and other students love to build from scratch.
What happens when a student is assigned a task that does not match their personal choice, confidence level, and/or limited interest?
Two educational quandaries arise:
How does a teacher motivate a student to complete a task of limited interest?
How does a student internally motive one’s self to complete that task assigned?
For example, I’m a teacher, yet I become a student again. I have the given task to write and blog in a public domain; however, writing, as an individual has never been a natural form of communication in which to express my true thought process in precise dialogue. In short, it lacks the human facial, body, and emotional spirit that that becomes an added dimension during a formal or informal conversation.
Therefore, how do I, as the student, motivate myself to complete a blogging assignment? I believe the human quality of understanding respect. The student may complete an unwilling and uninterested task, if the student, has a high regard to the individual in charge/teacher. In addition, the student with complete the task if the student respects his personal work ethic. The ability to complete a tasked based on maintaining a self-respect for who they are and what they accomplish in life.
As for the teacher, he or she must intuitively find a motivating factor without punishing a student for not conforming to the task assigned. The ability for a teacher to positively and privately speak to the student could generate a compromising solution. As a result, a student may rise to the unwilling tasked based on respecting the teacher for not punishing or condemning a student from not participating in the original assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment